15 December 2007

The weekend that left me sleepy

15 December 2007
BIRD ISLANDWe've been to Bird Island lookout a time or two before (pictured above), but we decided to hike our way down today...

Eric and his co-worker, Robert, actually swam across to explore the island. I wanted to join them, but I was fully clothed and decided to stay that way. Eric even climbed his way up to the top - barefoot. He returned slightly bloody and bruised, but he assures me it was all worth it.

Robert has perfect timing. He took this picture of me right as I was falling. You can see Eric below preparing to catch me.

This was yet another Saipan adventure that involved ropes/repelling. We never know exactly what we're going to get when we go on these hikes. A few more, though, and we'll be ready for Survivor. In fact, Palau is right next to us (Season 10); Maybe they'll do a Survivor Saipan next.

We found several of these hermit crabs along the way. Here's Eric having a heart-to-heart with one. Click on the photo to enlarge if you want a better look at his beady little eyes.
Sometimes it's nice to stop and take a look around...or up...


THE YOUTH DANCE
Here we are doing our duty as chaperones at the Youth Dance on Saturday.

Manny, Melissa, Kyle
Bernard & Jen Jen

Rima, Elisa, Madison, Leona

No comments: