08 December 2007

Our new "friends"

08 December 2007
Unfortunately, we aren't the only ones who enjoy living on a tropical island. The lizards can be useful, but I've had a few scares with them falling in my lap. I certainly don't have an affinity for the spiders and shrews - both of which we've found in our "bungalow in the jungalow". The wolf spiders are the closest thing I've seen to a trantula. We don't have any pictures of them because I refuse to be in the same room with the furry creatures. Luckily, Eric is usually around to act as my exterminator. Even Eric, however, is no match for the squirrel-sized rats we sometimes see in the streets.

1 comment:

staci baker said...

We had the exact same critters! It brings back memories! My favorite was probably watching the chickens run around the neighborhoods and even downtown!