12 December 2007

I'm dreaming of a Bali Christmas

12 December 2007
Ok, so I probably shouldn't blog this because it's not a sure thing yet, but while all of the kids in the world are dreaming about candy canes and tonka trucks for Christmas, this is what I've been dreaming about - a trip to Bali, Indonesia. Ever since talking to my neighbor, who told me that airfare is cheap right now, I haven't been able to think of much else. The past couple of days have been filled with travel guide DVDs, lonely planet guidebooks, web browsing, and travel agents.

For some reason I've always wanted to go to Bali. I keenly remember a day, back in my teens, when I was sitting in Rapunzel's hair salon and rudely eavesdropping on one of the nearby conversations. The hairstylist had just returned from Bali, and she went on and on about how incredible it was. I know it's strange the things that stick with you, but that's where the fascination began.

If not Christmas, than hopefully sometime soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bali always seemed like such an exotic place. I think it would suit you well! Thanks for the birthday wish btw! -S