25 December 2007

Filis Pasgua & Filis Anu Nuebo!

25 December 2007
It's been a busy week! Despite being over 7000 miles away from family, it's been an awesome Christmas. Everyone was so sweet to invite us into their homes to join their Christmas celebrations.

We got to spend Christmas Eve at the Cabaels where we experienced our first Filipino feast. Half the branch was there so that was nice, especially since we had to miss the branch party.


These close-ups are always so flattering!

Leona, Maryana, Emelaine, Vanessa
Traditional island dancing. These girls are awesome!

Maryana, Emelaine, Tori, Elisa
They've got skillz!

Christina & Leila
We're tempted to kidnap Leila every time we see her. I wish she was smiling in this shot; she has the cutest smile/dimples! (You do too Christina.)

Isn't she adorable? You can't tell in this picture, but she has a "grill", well, 2 silver teeth in front. I love it.
Jenny, Jen Jen, Melissa, John
And we topped the night off with a little Christmas Karaoke. Good times.
I don't have any pictures from Christmas day, but that was fun too. I woke up around 8:00am, and stayed in the kitchen until 3:30pm, when we had to leave for a small get-together, with the Rider family and another couple.
As usually, I made way too much food....banana bread, mint chocolate fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate cream pie, raspberry cream cake, onion dip, and a cheese ball. And I would have made pink salad if it weren't for every store on the island being out of cottage cheese.
I better hurry up and eat all of those leftovers so I can start my New Year's resolutions...

1 comment:

staci baker said...

I'm so glad you were included in on everyone's Christmas traditions! Again, what a NEAT experience! I just love people of the South Pacific and their dances and all of that! They seem like the neatest people!