06 May 2013

Brooke's Letter to the Editor (her Adoption Experience)

06 May 2013
Brooke, Scout's birth mom, wrote this beautiful letter to the editor. As I read it to Eric aloud, we both had tears in our eyes and were once again overwhelmed with gratitude to have Scout AND Brooke in our lives. Brooke really is family to us now.

So, I was asked to write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper about birth mothers and my experience with adoption. Tell me what you think! Here it is:

My name is Brooke Woodbury, I'm 18 years old, and I placed my baby girl with an adoptive couple a little over 6 months ago. I chose to place because I wanted my baby to have the life she deserved and unfortunately, that was everything I couldn't give her. I didn't want her to have to suffer because of my mistake.

I found my couple on the "It's About Love" website through LDS Family Services. Finding a couple was not easy but when I found them, I knew instantly that they were who my baby was always meant to be with. I have an open adoption so I am involved in my daughter's life. I am in close contact with the adoptive couple and I can see my baby often. Our adoption is very casual. It feels as if we are family and in a sense, we are.

Adoption is filled with love. A birth mother loves her child so much that they are willing to place them in the arms of a couple that is ready and prepared for that little, perfect miracle. Only my daughter could ever understand how much I love her. After all, she's the only one that knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.


2 comments:

taylor elaine said...

So much love.

Kelsey Eaton said...

Such a sweet letter. Loved it :) Can't wait to meet your little angel someday!