23 November 2010

Coupon Craze

23 November 2010
It's no secret that we love eating out, but we've been trying to cut back to save money. When we do eat out, we usually try and take advantage of all of the coupons and discounts that we can.

Here are the some great money-saving sites that offer anywhere from 50-80% off deals: Restaurant.com, CitySmart.com, Groupon.com & LivingSocial.com


A friend of ours from Saipan actually recommended this classy establishment to us. Apparently it was featured on the Food Network. Fun spot with a consistent white trashy theme throughout (plastic floral table cloths, elvis clock, lic. plates, christmas lights, etc.). There's even an old classic car in the restaurant that you can eat inside of.


They almost kicked us out of this restaurant (Mai Thai). In fact, we may be banned from ever returning. All 3 couples had $45 coupons. Typically, they only allow 1 per table. HOWEVER, when I called in advance to make the reservations, I asked for permission, and although he was hesitant, the manager said, "We really shouldn't allow this, but I'll be the manager that night so I'll let it slide this time." Well, that manager conveniently forgot all about our little conversation when it came to us paying our bill. I don't think it helped that his boss was there overseeing the whole transaction. I really don't appreciate liars. In fact, not only did he lie, but he accused ME of lying! Not cool man. Normally, I'm the last person to make a fuss in a restaurant, but he almost brought out the diva in me. :)

No comments: