14 August 2010

The best thing IS sliced bread

14 August 2010

Ok, so I have a minor obsession with carbs. Not only do I love my bread, but I love my selection - every loaf serves a special purpose you see.

1. Classic Wheat
My ultimate favorite! This one reminds me of the bread my mom made from scratch growing up. Often, we would come home from school and find a few loaves fresh out of the oven. Heaven with butter and honey.

So, what are my favorite purposes for this bread? *It makes THE BEST grilled cheese. Yummy toast. And a good hearty ham and cheese.

Ok, so like everyone else, I try to avoid white breads, but I got a little addicted to Grandma Sycamore's when we were living @ Cort and Robbie's. So soft and fluffy.

*Best for PB & Js

Mmm, sour dough. I love the stuff.

*It's amazing for toast w/jam (Smucker's boysenberry or blackberry are my favs). Also good for garlic toast, and of course, with soups for those chilly fall and winter days

The cheap wheat loaf. Whatever's on sale. Because nothing's too good for my baby. :) *This is what I use to make Eric's lunches (either a ham & cheese or tuna fish). I realize that a lot of you are thinking he should make his own lunch, but he doesn't so this is how I deter him from eating out.
And, finally, although it doesn't relate very well to this post, it is delicious and it is something I eat often as well. Spring mix spinach salad with dried cranberries, feta cheese, glazed walnuts & raspberry vinaigrette. If you haven't already, try it! I promise you won't regret it.
HUNGRY YET?

P.S. I also love Albertson's french bread - baked fresh daily @ 4pm.

1 comment:

Amy Mak said...

Yes I'm hungry yet!!! I love homemade wheat but Utah introduced me to that yummy white Grandma's. Sadly, no can find here.