30 August 2008

Saipan Soul Train

30 August 2008



Some of Eric's co-workers invited us to a 70's party this past weekend so how could we resist? It was also a charity fundraiser so it wasn't all about the gold, platforms, bell bottoms and disco music. Although, that definitely made it more interesting.








I think Saipan is about the only place where you can ask for a Farah Fawcett hairdo and have the hairdresser have no clue what you're asking for. She did a pretty good job though. It was uncanny how much I reminded myself of my mom in her younger years when the get-up was all put together. Unfortunately, my hair died by the end of the night as you can see in this last picture. The hair may have died, but the disco fever was still alive and well.

6 comments:

Jacks said...

I love the dress! Really. You pull the 70s off completely.

Allison Nelson said...

Fun!!! Hey, truly sorry to hear about your power outages. Yuck. Small world, eh, what with you going out with Sterling Riggs and all and now he's staying a month at Mary and Steven's!!!

Cassandra said...

It's a very small world. It was only 1 date though..maybe 2? He was in my Physical Therapy class. So strange.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, a wireless gas station. What next, a "Gas and Sew"? But, whatever it takes.

It's good to see you two livin' the dream. Nice work with the clothes as well and Ern never forgot the correct posture. I bet he'd do a nice Elvis as well.

Love, Mama Mary
marycnelson@cox.net

Emmy said...

LOVE the pictures!!! I love 70s stuff. But, I do have to say it's shocking to see something like this from a branch president! Ha ha.

Soelbergs said...

You guys look awesome!!!! Why not that for Halloween?