02 May 2011

Spoiled

02 May 2011
I definitely was spoiled this year for my 30th. Eric was sweet and left me 30(!) very thoughtful notes leading up to my birthday.

Day 27
Then, he surprised me with a Nikon DSLR camera which I've been lusting after for a while now. I knew we couldn't afford the D90 ($1000+), but he looked long and hard to find me this reasonable used D70 on EBay (for only a little more than we spent on our point-and-shoot)

Nikon D70
Here are a few photos that I've taken so far. (Keep in mind, I'm pretty clueless about DSLRs at this point so, hopefully, I'll get better)

Nephew Cooper & sis-in-law Sheri @ Braden's football game



Love that sky.

Jason posing at Tucano's Brazilian Grill. He and Eric kidnapped me for a birthday lunch and suprised me with the camera. (This is the very first shot taken.)
And thanks to all of the friends and family who sent cards and notes! Thanks to all of you, turning 30 was much less painful than anticipated.

2 comments:

staci baker said...

Happy birthday, Cassie! Drostan just turned 30 two weeks ago and said it wasn't as bad as he thought it'd be, either. I've heard lots of people say that their 30s were their best decade! It was fun to catch up on you guys. I need to get a camera and photo skills like yours. The pictures are beautiful. I especially like the ones with my sister and nephew! I'm glad I can see pictures of them through your blog since Sheri doesn't keep up on her own! ;)

Amy Mak said...

OH OH OH!!!!