25 May 2011

Lately...

25 May 2011
This is what has been goin' on lately...
My sister, Amanda (single mom of 3), graduated from Boise State University.
  

Sadly, this canal is the final resting place for Eric's eye glasses. E. was a good uncle and offered to babysit Amanda's kids during a girl's night/grad party for Amanda. Apparently, Eric and the boys were racing leaves or something in the canal when Daniel got overly excited and accidentally knocked Eric's glasses off...first onto the grate, but, unfortunately, they fell through to the rapids before Eric had a chance to rescue them. He even threw on his swim trunks and jumped in the canal in an effort to find them, which of course, was fruitless but very exciting for the boys. Unfortunately, the water was so deep, he couldn't even touch...and it was freezing. So we may not see those glasses again until the fall when everything dries up. While I was at the party, I got a text from Eric saying, "Not good. Daniel just knocked my glasses into the canal", and I had to laugh. What on earth are the odds of that happening?? He lost his previous pair of glasses when some homeless guy in Omaha tried to mug him, and somehow he swiped them off of Eric's face during the shuffle. I wasn't present for either incident, but I'm starting to wonder if he just makes these stories up to get new glasses.

P.S. I don't have my fancy birthday camera anymore. We decided to sell it so we can have the cash for more important things. Little did I know, those "more important things" would be new glasses for Eric. :)

2 comments:

Allison Nelson said...

Congratulations to Amanda on graduating! Thats great news. Please tell her hello for us.

Amy Mak said...

Congrats to Amanda! Drat for Ernie - and what's this mugging I never knew about? Details, details! Love your courtyard and yes, it's so hard to know what plants to get. I just picked up two I've never heard of and hope they work...one is a "butterfly whisperer" and supposedly attracts butterflies...we'll see. Love you guys!