04 April 2011

Staying out of the shade

04 April 2011
I almost posted a sad little blog post last week about our fertility frustrations, and the fact that I'm turning THIRTY this month. I tried to throw in some humor to lighten it up a bit, but in the end, it was more depressing than funny so I decided it was better to not post that one.

But, I must admit, I'm really going to miss my twenties. That decade gave me some of my best years, but people turn thirty gracefully everyday so I know I shouldn't complain.

I'm doing my best not to slow down too much (unfortunately, my metabolism refuses to join me in that effort). Lately I've been playing a lot of volleyball, twice a week for fun and once a week in a league. Last week, on a lovely sunny Friday, Eric and I, along with some friends, gave tennis a try.

I may not be looking forward to my birthday, but I am looking forward to the spring. This weekend we're headed to Arizona to visit Eric's parents. I can't wait to soak up that dessert sun...even if it just adds to my ever-growing collection of wrinkles. :)

5 comments:

Allison Nelson said...

Cass! I'm so excited that you're going to AZ. Too bad I won't be there to see you and that the pool won't be up and running by then, but I look forward to hearing what you and E think of the party hut and the Scottsdale house. Enjoy! The big 30... hey at least you don't have fertility issues at age 37. :)

Clin A. Eaton said...

New York 2012. I'll let you be in charge of 8 high school students each. It's the best form of birth control ever. You'll cut your own tubes at the end of that... (just kidding. Come. It'll be fun).

Allison Nelson said...

BTW, Cass, we are praying for you and EFrank!!!

taylor elaine said...

I miss you and Eric.

You two are like my favorite couple in the whole wide world.

Amy Mak said...

Ah! Oh beautiful girl, it will be okay. You know they say that 30 is the new 20 anyway?! I admit, turning 30 was a hard birthday for me but I am enjoying it so much! The best is yet to be...

As for the fertility...I'm sure those 7 wild Nelson boys will make their appearance soon. They're just a bit late to the party.