12 June 2010

New photobook

12 June 2010
Just got a new holiday photobook printed with Shutterfly (50% off).
There are a couple of things I'll do differently next time, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it.
100 pages but still thin and sleek!

**For you digiscrappers out there, I've also included some of the digital pages so you can compare and see what you think of Shutterfly's print quality...**

(The first pic is a father's day card I made for Steven.
We're thinking about splattering a bit of spaghetti sauce on it to make it more realistic :)
Click photos to enlarge.






This page seemed a little washed out. The yellow just isn't as rich and warm as the original.
It also lost some detail and contrast.


















This layout in print was a little disappointing. Way different from the digital image.
The blues are completely different and the faces are desaturated.












The green background is too cool, and not in a good way.




The reds could have been a little darker/richer.
Overall, despite a few color and resolution issues, I was pretty happy with the album. If I were rich, I would print the same album with 5 different companies, but unfortunately, that aint happenin' any time soon so, for now, I think I'll stick with Shutterfly. At least until someone convinces me otherwise.

6 comments:

Amy Mak said...

LOVE it. You've talked me into it. I think I like the Shutterfly options better than Snapfish. 2011 I'm going digital!

Yin said...

OMG, Cassandra, your book is wonderful!! I love it!!

CHL said...

Nice Book! I just printed a 32 page book at Shutterfly and two 8x8 books. I was very worried about how the colors would come out, but I have to say all colors were right on and the photos looked great. Did you turn off Vivid Pics? Perhaps that is what happened.

Cassandra Nelson said...

Thanks for the tip CHL. I've heard that suggestion before, but I completely forgot about it, and I guess I didn't notice the option, but I'll definitely do it next time. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Do you have templates for all those cute pages, I love all the pictures you're able to print on one page. I usually export my blog book to blurb, but I really like how cute yours is. Nice work!

Cassandra said...

Hi Kara! Thanks for the feedback. To answer your question, I use "Simply Yin" templates. If you google the name, her blog should be the first to come up.