11 March 2010

Our new pad (mostly furnished)

11 March 2010
Master Bedroom. Eric has a love/hate relationship with that light (he hits his head on it daily). We should probably raise it before he takes a bat to it. We'll eventually get something on the walls above our bed. My favorite part, however, is not in the photo. There's a big bay window to the East where we can see snow-capped mountains and mature trees. We also have a little balcony.

Who would have thought that I would have wallpaper in my house? And I absolutely love it!

Ok, so I'm boring ("vanilla"). My mother-in-law would probably even tell you so. What can I say, I love my beiges, blacks and whites. BUT, I am trying to break out of my shell a bit and throw in an accent color here and there. Ok, so our master bath has a white shower curtain, off-white rug and tan towels that match the walls, but I have big plans for red roses or some such brightly colored plant on the sink. I will say, however, that I love our hookless shower curtain! And it comes with a liner that snaps in! Genius. :) And we're digging the high ceilings.

We sold our old couches so we could get these perdy little things. We had a few hesitations about how kid-friendly they would be. Apparently, we should have followed those intuitions. About 3 days after purchasing them, Eric dropped a blue pen right in the middle of the cushion leaving a nice mark. Before buying them, I was thinking to myself, leather's easy to clean right? The only things that might pose a problem are pens and permanent markers and I won't let our kids near the couches with them. I just forgot to enforce those rules with my husband. Luckily, after trying alcohol, purell, hairspray, and finally, nail polish remover, the mark is almost completely gone! Phew.

This house is so fun, and we feel really fortunate to be here.
Eric wants me to add that the wallpapered bathroom looks much better in person. He thinks the picture looks "hideous." And he also wants me to add that the entire house is energy efficient!
I didn't include any pictures of the office or the library/loft area because they're still a bit messy. And, for those of you planning to visit, we're currently accepting donations for the guest bedroom. :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks great! Everything you do turns out beautiful. You say vanilla, but I say sophisticated. After we get all the remodeling done in my house do you want to come and help me decorate? By the way, we have the same bottle of green (i guess it's actually cucumber) Method soap in our bathroom!

Allison Nelson said...

Wow, Cass, the new pad looks hip, contemporary, warm and friendly all in one! Nice decorating job. We're so happy for you guys.

Jacks said...

It's beautiful. Amazing, Awesome. And fits you both. I'm love, love, loving the windows and your kitchen. I'm ready to paint my cabinets black, right now. Really.

Amy Mak said...

I love it! Makes me want to redecorate in black, beige, and white. Gregor would love a respite from the Crayola house :) I LOVE the wallpaper.