11 August 2009

Speed blogging

11 August 2009
I'm low on blogging fuel these days so let's see what I can do with highlights (mostly about Eric b/c, let's face it, he's cooler than I am)...
  • While in Korea, Eric ate silkworm, snails and live octopus


  • The Saipan job offer for 1.5 years turned into a Guam job offer for 2.5 years. Eric declined.


  • Eric's last official day at the court was on Friday so we had a farewell lunch in his honor at Tony Roma's.


  • Afterward, we celebrated with dinner on the beach (Pacific Islands Club) and then KARAOKE. My first time with Eric, and he's a pro! The best (and boldest) sober Karaoke singer you'll ever meet!


  • Our house was broken into Sun. night/Mon. morning (while we were asleep in the next room). A little unsettling. Fortunately, all they took was Eric's laptop.


  • Ty's wedding is Aug 22. Airfare is over $2000! If, however, we decide to move back to the mainland, the court will cover the cost.


  • So that's the decision we have to make in the next couple of days - to stay on Saipan (after living here for 2 yrs) or return to our homeland. It's been an extremely tough decision. Stay tuned...



  • 2 comments:

    Heather said...

    So, my vote, which I realize counts for very little, is that you COME HOME!!! But I'm sure whatever you decide will be what's best for you :) I've been thinking about you a lot lately and wondering what your plans were so I'm glad you posted about it.

    Beck n' Ben said...

    the saipanese want you to stay. that's why they took your laptop.