26 April 2009

Misc.

26 April 2009
Ok, so I'm not much of a seafood person. I know, it's a shame considering where I live, but it's just not for me. I have learned, however, that I like mahi mahi and tilapia. So the other night, Eric and I went to a chinese food restaurant and ordered the tilapia. Eric failed to mention that this was no Costco variety tilapia. I guess I'm not a true islander yet because I was a little freaked out by the all-too-real fish that was staring back at me (complete with his skin and eyeballs). I think I'll stick with the skinless, boneless fishies in the future (pictured below, left).




Meet the Alforezas (below). This is the lovely Filipino couple that was married last weekend. Eric's first time performing a marriage ceremony, and he did a wonderful job.

These last 3 pictures were just taken today as I was walking along the beach.


And I love this last shot. I couldn't resist asking this stranger for his photo. He's from Palau, and I think he's one of the group who just arrived here from Palau and Yap on traditional sailing canoes, an 8-day journey, with no special navigation devices - only traditional methods. They're considered "master navigators." In fact, Eric heard that one of the captains is blind.

No comments: