14 April 2009

If at first you don't succeed, photoshop

14 April 2009
Yesterday, I decided to drive to the north side of the island. I first went to the Grotto where a nice Japanese lady insisted on taking my picture for me. It was very sweet, but pretty comical as well because of the communication barrier. She kept smiling and showing me "thumbs up" which I assumed meant, "Good, stay there." In actuality, she was trying to get ME to do the thumbs up. So, finally, after a few seconds of confusion, she had to come over and physically pry my hands into position. What's even funnier is that the camera was set to record. So now I have a short little video of me standing/smiling awkwardly for entirely too long, but my thumbs were up!

After that, I hit the trail near suicide cliff, and on my way home I stopped at the Mariana's Resort and Spa to say hi to the horsies. Normally, our camera takes decent outdoor shots, but these turned out terrible for some reason. Thank goodness for Photoshop!

Before

After

No comments: