23 November 2008

Twilight @ Midnight

23 November 2008
Did anyone else think Twilight was like an extended SNL skit? I'll admit, I was one of the crazies who went to the first available showing of the movie, but I'll be the last to recommend it (unlike the book).

Likes:
Kristen Stewart (as an actress...I've never loved Bella)
Charlie
Alice
James (& Laurent & Victoria)
Emmett
Rosalie
Jasper (despite his goofy resemblance to Edward Scissor Hands)
Jacob (& Sam & Embry)
Soundtrack
When Bella meets the Cullens
The baseball game
The fight scene

Dislikes:
Edward (not attractive...and not smooth. What was with that first biology lab scene??)
The special effects (ie. Edward sparkling in the sun)
Edward in sunglasses
The story development
Jessica
Mike
Tyler
Eric
The fact that it felt like a made-for-TV movie
A majority of the acting (we were laughing at parts that were never intended to be funny)
They tried to pack too much in, and yet they left out a lot of good stuff.

That's probably more than you cared to hear, but those are my thoughts. Any directors out there who want to do a re-do?

My niece Cami and I being Twilight nerds


7 screens sold-out

Trying to fit in with the rest of the giddy girls there

PF Changs lettuce wraps before the movie. Highlight of the night. :)

3 comments:

Allison Nelson said...

I thought that Rosalie was horribly cast. UGh. Hated her. And the movie was awkward at times, didn't flow well. Whatever. Bella and Edward were perfectly cast, in my opinion, although Edward's makeup was a little much at times. We went Sat. night for our GNO!

Cassandra Nelson said...

Definitely did not flow well. The first bits were so choppy and thrown together. It's a good thing I had read the book. And I actually liked Rosalie...I thought she did a good job of making us hate her. I just didn't like all of Bella's HS friends - it felt like they were picked right off the Disney channel.

Heather said...

I don't know when I'm going to get the chance to see it, so your review made me feel a little better about waiting :) It's funny, because I've read about it on like 10 different people's blogs and they all have different opinions about it. But, I think I trust yours the most and think I'll probably agree with you if I ever get to see it.