11 November 2008

Oceans Apart...day after day...

11 November 2008
Being over 7000 miles away from Eric sends my mind in a constant rotation of sappy love songs (yes, even Richard Marx has crept in).

I miss my little Franky so I thought maybe you might too. The last few posts have been all about me so I think we're due for an Eric update.

As most of you know, Eric is the Saipan Branch President, and he's been working endlessly to help the branch. He's been especially busy lately trying to arrange a temple trip to TOKYO for next spring. So far, we're planning on 52 branch members attending. Of those 52 members, 21 will be attending the temple for the first time. Eric has devoted many hours to making this trip a reality. He's helping the members budget, he's figuring out tourist visas & legal papers, and he's searching for group discounts for airfare and lodging. It's a lot of work, but it will be an amazing experience. I've already seen several branch members moved to tears in anticipation for this trip and the sacred work that's going to be done.


This Sunday, Eric's speaking at the general session of district conference where he'll be speaking in front of about 700 people (most via satellite), including a general authority. I wish I could be there for that.

1 comment:

staci baker said...

Wow, that's neat! Go, Eric! You guys are making such a difference down there for those people! Hey, I just heard that you were back in the States and came to check it out on your blog. Looks like you're having fun with the family and the fall! I'm glad you could make a trip home, but I'm sure you're missing Eric a lot, too! It was fun to see pics of my cute nieces and nephews...since Sheri doesn't do much blogging herself. ;)