18 June 2012

Finley Brielle

18 June 2012
Earlier this month, I got to throw a little baby shower for my sister-in-law Sheri. It's actually Baby #4 for her, but we'll take any excuse we can get to party. This summer has been beautifully mild so I was excited to use our little gazebo.






And now...Introducing...Sweet Baby Finley Brielle

Jason called me Sunday morning to let me know that Sheri was having contractions, and that she could possibly go into labor any minute. Sheri was a trooper, and made it through the whole day with contractions and a smile on her face (through Ward Council, primary, etc.). Finally, I got a call around 9:30pm that it was finally time to for them to go to the hospital. Which meant I got to go to their house and watch the other three kids. When I arrived, we were all pretty hyper so we ended up staying up pretty late, making a "Welcome Home" banner & a big "Guess" list, submitting our guesses for time of birth, weight, name, height, etc (Cooper guessed 8'2"). Fortunately, the labor was relatively short and smooth. Baby was born just a couple of hours later, around 11:30pm. Jason said Sheri was amazing! No epidural or anything. You're my hero Sheri.

Jason and Sheri had a hard time committing to a name. Sheri went through a phase where she was liking old, romantic names like Gwenevere. Jason loves Isabella, but, unfortunately Twilight spoiled that one. One of my nephews wanted "Giselle!" (from Enchanted) and another wanted CoCo (?!). Finally, several days after her birth, they've settled on Finley Brielle.

Finley's sister and 2 older brothers love her to pieces. A week later, and they all still fight to hold her every minute they can. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congrats for being an aunt again! The baby shower looks so cute. You are so creative and artistic. You need to come help me decorate my house!!