10 July 2011

Reverent Sparklers

10 July 2011
The Sunday before the 4th, we decided to meet up for a Red, White, and Blue themed dessert party...

We all kind of brought a variation of the same dessert, but look at them! Does it really matter??

After that, Tiffany proposed "reverent sparklers" (as it was the Sabbath). I loved my sister-in-law Sheri's response: "Where do you get reverent sparklers? Do you use them with your arms folded or do they whistle a primary song or something?"

I've always wanted to try this with slowing down the camera's shutter speed. I think we had way more fun than the kids did with those sparklers.

Then, when we ran out of sparklers, we used flashlights and cell phones.
Eric did the house. Jason did the tree, and I did the grass. :)
So cool!

Ty had some serious slow shutter/flashlight skills. Despite the backward 4. :)


3 comments:

Amy Mak said...

Those are great shots! I need some camera skills :)

Allison Nelson said...

Looks like your July 4th was a fun, family holiday. And I echo Amy's thoughts on your camera skills.

Cassandra Nelson said...

Thanks ladies. But I can only take credit for the idea. This was actually my brother's camera.