05 February 2010

Revision to La Casa post

05 February 2010

Ok, so here's the actual townhome we're considering (#4 from previous post). They just posted brand new photos today. Fortunately, and unfortunately, it's the model home which means it has all of the upgrades (trim, lighting, granite counter tops, etc.) Obviously, we love all of those things, but it bumps the price a little bit.

I'm just going to stop kidding myself and confess that this is definitely my favorite.

*Update: We put an offer on today! and should know by tomorrow or Wed. if the owner accepts or counters. We've had a crazy day meeting with lenders, builders & realtors, but we're very excited!

We recently took some family to check out the place and they really liked it so that's reassuring. We even did a sound test. It's always a risk living in a townhome, but my brother, Jason, went to the house next door and yelled his loudest and banged on the walls, and we literally heard nothing!

A few more fun details about the house: It's pottery-barn inspired (which I love). Nice views from the back (from the master bedroom/balcony) of the mountains and trees. There is an I-pod docking station with surround sound. A 2-car garage, which will be heavenly (no more storage units and living out of a suitcase)!

You know it's a winner when even your little neices and nephews love it. They were running around like crazy - finding all of the best hiding spots, etc. My nephew, Braden said, "This place is awesome! You've got to get it. It's got like 5 bathrooms!"

*Update #2: We got it! They countered with a slightly higher asking price than our first offer, but they've agreed to all of our contingencies (closing costs, fridge, W/D, etc.).



Click to enlarge.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, Cassie! This looks amazing! I'm crossing my fingers for ya too. Good luck!

Amy Mak said...

Hey! Congrats! So exciting for you...I want a Pottery Barn inspired house!!! Good work.

Allison Nelson said...

Cass, its gorgeous. Congratulations to you both. What an exciting chapter of your lives.

Patrick and Natalie Nelson said...

Cass, CONGRATS!! We are so excited for you! And we LOVE it! We want to come visit once you have moved in :)

staci baker said...

Congrats on the job and on the CUTE place! It's a bummer you won't live up our way, but I'm excited you get to stay by your family in Boise. Hooray! I'm sure Sheri and Jason are very excited that you're sticking around, too!

Heather said...

Yay Cass (oh, and Eric, too)! I love it. I CAN'T WAIT to come visit!!! I'm sure you will have it decorated so beautifully. It's such a great feeling to have your own place.

Darcy said...

Congrats on your home! It looks sooo awesome. :)

Melissa said...

Looks awesome! Congratulations.