31 May 2009

More Manila (viewer discretion advised)

31 May 2009

I love having a professional photographer in our branch! Del captured these stunning shots during our time in Manila. The poverty & living conditions in PI is unlike anything I've experienced before. Shocking & humbling.


And yet these kids all still seem so happy. (I love the girl's sweet smile on the bottom right)





I warned you! I apologize, but this type of thing isn't uncommon to see in the Philippines. They even have "male urinals" right on the sidewalk (below). There's no plumbing inside that thing...not even a hole...just sidewalk! It's a place where the bus drivers and jeepney drivers can relieve themselves w/o exposing themselves (entirely).





The billboards in Manila are a bazillion stories high.


These last 2 shots are unbelievable. Heart-breaking & beautiful at the same time. (Click to enlarge)

3 comments:

Angelo Villagomez said...

Great photos.

Amy Mak said...

Great, poignant photos. Amazing experience you are having.

Sheri said...

Wow, that really puts me in my place. For me to be ungrateful about anything going on in my life is completely unexcusable! I can't believe the experiences you are having...its so unreal to me! I hope you both are doing well! Much love, Sheri