10 July 2008

Hope to see you soon!

10 July 2008
It's official. We're bound for the mainland this Christmas. I just bought our tickets today and Eric and I both will be there for almost an entire a month so we hope to see as many of you as possible.

Our travel dates are 12/9 - 1/7. We'll mostly be in Boise, but we're also planning to spend at least a week in SLC to spend time with the Nellies.

I think this calls for a list of what I'm looking forward to (in no particular order)...

  1. Mom's cozy home and yummy smelling candles
  2. Shortly after arrival, girl's movie night (Twilight, 12/12). You're all invited.
  3. Snowball fights and building snowmen (and snowwomen) with the wee ones.
  4. Watching Christmas Classics (Christmas Story, Elf, Little Women, etc.)
  5. Stephen's Gourmet Hot Chocolate - Mint Truffle, with whipped cream
  6. Snuggling by the fire - with either Eric or a good book. :)
  7. Sledding (although I'm not sure how I'm going to come up with winter clothes)
  8. All of the lovely restaurants I've been missing. Def. going to Cafe Rio when we're in Utah.
  9. Meeting "Little Miss" Patalie!
  10. Temple Square Christmas lights
  11. This one's obvious, and really it ranks as #1 on the list, but seeing friends and family (in Boise & Utah)
  12. Strangely enough - not sure what Eric's done to me - but college football bowl season
  13. Swimming in John's Hot Springs while it's snowing
  14. Playing silly games (Ticket to Ride!)
  15. Having some free time to work on my digital scrapbooking

And so much more! Now I just need to get through the next 5 months...

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yay!! Can't wait to see you. I'm so glad you decided to buy the tickets. And that Eric's coming with you and you get to be here for so long!

Clin A. Eaton said...

We want to see you as well- and we want you in NYC with us in 2010.
There. It's decided.
Clin

Cassandra Nelson said...

I know it! Definitely going to see you in Utah this Christmas, and we'll work on NY '10. I just looked at your blog, and it's pretty obvious that you and Jackie would be the ultimate NY tour guides. You seem to know all of the best places to go and things to do. It sounds like a blast.

Patrick and Natalie Nelson said...

Cass, We can't wait to see you both! SO exciting! We'll have a bed for you when youre in SL! And I promise we won't stick you in the nursery with teeny! :)