19 April 2008

Pineapple Ball

19 April 2008
We have electricity! Somehow CUC managed to come up with the money for at least another week's worth of fuel. Yes sir.

So tonight Eric and I decided to celebrate. Well, it wasn't really a decision, it just happened. Matt Smith was kind enough to give us his not-so-cheap ticket for 2 to the Pineapple Ball - Glamour Under the Sea. It was a very fancy shmancy affair - at Giovanni's at the Hyatt, and proceeds went to MINA (Mariana Islands Nature Alliance).

I wish I could say I have a closet full of formal dresses for such events, but alas, no such luck so I felt slightly underdressed, but it was fun nonetheless. We even won the highest bid on a 3-month membership to Gold's Gym (saving us $135...and helping MINA of course)!




Note to self: Don't wear shoes such as these to parties with limited seating.


For some reason converting pictures to sepia makes me feel not quite so pasty.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison Nelson said...

Hi Cass - looks like a fantastic time! I hear ya on the shoes - I'm always in pain because I like to wear my tall girl shoes. :) no bday post for me b/c it was a non-event. we're celebrating everything when petie's finals are done. this week - halilujah!