28 April 2008

Blogtime Story

28 April 2008
I'm looking forward to going to bed, but first I'll tell a quick "blogtime story."

First off, a huge thanks to all of you who have sent birthday wishes and helped me celebrate the big 2-7 in a big way this year.

I'm lucky to have a husband who not only remembers special occasions, but who somehow manages to make each year more memorable than the last (I wonder how long he can keep this up).

So, in true Cassie fashion, I'll do a majority of my storytelling with photos...



Peter, Eric, John & Jonathan @ the Flame Tree Festival

Ok, so this wasn't really part of my birthday, but I had to sneak this picture in somewhere. This is Eric and the 3 other law clerks.

And this is birthday gift #1. How fun is this?? We rented scooters for the day and rode them all the way up North. Fortunately, I think the speed limit caps at 35mph here on Saipan so we weren't too much of a nuisance out there on the roads. Although, I'm happy to say that I had the faster scooter of the 2. The ride up North was so perfect because, although it was a hot day, you hardly noticed it while riding in the wind, and it was nothing but long open roads and beautiful scenery.
Unfortunately, we didn't finish our scooter adventure completely unscathed, but luckily, it was just Eric's ego that was bruised. He managed to crash his bike just a few feet away from the Rental office when he took a sharp turn into the parking lot. There was no talking our way out of that one.
See next post for our evening activity...

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I told Paul all about Eric's "SWEET" b-day gifts to you, Lucky Girl!!