14 January 2008

Day 5

14 January 2008

I love this shot! As soon as I saw this, I knew it was too good to pass up. I had our driver pull over, and I pushed Eric out the door to steal away this priceless Kodak moment. Eric did me proud. As for the pig, our driver compared him to pizza delivery in America (poor guy).





Here we are at a natural hot spring surrounded by rice terraces. If you look closely, you can see the men in the water below Eric. They kept saying, "America! Bathe with us!"


Buffalo


Rice Terraces


Pura Ulun Danu - Bedugul Temple on Lake Beratan


Buddhist Temple, right by Bedugul (Hindu), and there's also a mosque nearby.


Eric found a nocturnal friend.


Iguana!


They said this was a mongoose, but I couldn't tell you for sure. All I know is that, whatever he was, he had an accident on Eric, and that made me laugh. Then I laughed some more when Eric told me the story about trying to clean his shirt in the bathroom. Apparently, some places in Bali charge you to use the restroom. As soon as he walked in, there was a bathroom attendant (an enviable job) who politely asked, "Pooh or pee?" The former, of course, is more expensive.






I'm not positive, but I think this is lake Tamblingan and Lake Bunyan (one of which is just outside of the shot, to the right)



Gitgit waterfall & Eric swimming.



Isn't he handsome? And look at those "muscles" (be sure to pronouce the "c" like our driver did)

2 comments:

James said...

I'd just like to say that I'm highly irritated that I had to scroll down for over 30 seconds to get to a gratuitous bare-chested shot of Eric.

C'mon, that's top-shelf material, folks.

Unknown said...

Wow, all that on a "no workout plan" here in Saipan. Just naturally blessed.