02 April 2010

Table Rock

02 April 2010
Wouldn't it be nice if spouses did exactly what we wanted them to? I always envisioned a husband who had a passion for the outdoors (with the exception of camping); I think Eric's indifferent to the outdoors.

I love the idea of being "outdoorsy". In college I took better advantage of my surroundings - rock climbing, caving, sand dunes, hiking, exploring (waterfalls, national parks, etc.). Now it seems there's never enough time, or, that's the excuse we use. And when we finally do have some spare time, then the challenge is convincing the hubster to join.

Last weekend, I decided that Eric and I would go on a hike - whether he wanted to or not. Eric doesn't see the point in hiking, aside from wanting to cause yourself pain. You would think most spouses would at least enjoy sharing some quality time with their BFF. :( After 6 and a half years, I admit, I am pretty boring.

I eventually talked him into it. I wish I could tell you he enjoyed every minute of it, but I'm not entirely sure. Admittedly, unless your favorite color is brown, it's not the best time of year for hiking, but it was definitely nice to be out in the fresh air and sunshine, with exercise as the added bonus. Plus, it was good to spend time with my sweet, albeit reluctant, husband. I love him for coming.
(Biking and rollerblading are next)





4 comments:

Amy Mak said...

I love the pictures of Eric. He just looks super thrilled. Good job for going though - it's good to do those things! And you're not alone :)

Beck n' Ben said...

Hey guys! Congrats on going on a really long, eventful march so that once you reached the top and were nice and tired you could then turn around and walk all the way back!! I think we're both w/ Eric on this one. Hiking is a bit of a strange concept. :)

Cassandra said...

Aw, you're siding with him? Really? I guess I'll be hiking solo from now on. :(

patricksnelson said...

What's Eric doing in the middle picture? HAHA!