12 February 2008

Why do we blog when there are so many other things to do?

12 February 2008
Ok, this is going to be short because there are about 100 things I SHOULD be doing right now.

Fortunately, I've lucked out with the web design. I have several clients right now, and somehow they've all found me. I'm not sure how that happens because I'm not even advertising, but it's been great! Stressful but good.

Speaking of stress, I was just called as Young Women president. I don't know if I'm more intimidated by the calling itself or by the big shoes I'm left to try and fill. The woman who was president before me is amazing, and has done SO MUCH for the youth program. We're definitely going to miss her - especially since Girl's Camp is about a month away. :)

Also, I think most of you already know this, but Eric was called as, don't laugh, Scout Master. That's huge. Scout Master is a challenging calling for anyone, but for Eric, well, let's just say I think he would prefer to be Branch president at times. He's doing an excellent job though.

As far as our callings go, we couldn't ask for a better group of kids. Before this new calling, I was over the Mia Maids, and for mutual last week we had a photography/Photoshop lesson by our very own Branch President, Del Benson. He's an awesome photographer so we were lucky to have him. Look at these great expressions! And they were all good sports - even while Del was photoshopping their blemishes on a massive projected image in front of the whole group.

Madison, Leona, Maryana, Marystar, Rima, Tori (missing: Kim & Elisa)

2 comments:

Clin A. Eaton said...

Hee Hee. Jackie just got called as Young Women's 1st Councilor. She is currently teaching all of the Young Women yoga as we speak. Tell Eric not to burn himself teaching the scout's the exact way of lighting farts on fire.

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your new calling! It's amazing how much you can learn about yourself from church callings. I have no doubt you'll do a great job Cass!