Warning: This is one of those selfish Mommy posts...for my own journaling purposes so I can better remember this fun stage in Scout's rapidly changing life.
- Foods: Fruit & Veggie Melts, bananas, eggs
- Books: We're Going on a Bear Hunt, I Love You Through and Through, Karen Katz flap books
- Toys: No clear favorites.
- At the playground: swings and slides...and throwing bark chips
- Random: She loves "cleaning" with my Swiffer duster & sweeper, broom, rags, etc.
- Climbing up on everything, using her crazy flexible legs (ottoman, bed, couch, etc.)
- Attempting to dress herself
- Doodoo finger painting. Scout recently started digging for gold in her diaper. One morning we woke up to a crib and baby covered in poo poo graffiti. She also likes to undress and occasionally remove her diaper during the night. Thankfully, we've wised up and started putting her in onsies buttoned OVER her pants.
- Scout only says about a dozen words right now - Mama, Dad, chitten/chicken, turtey/turkey, baa/bath, etc.
- She's great at mimicking sounds - Arf arf, snort (way more authentic than "oink"), snoring, etc.
- She's generally a quiet girl, but she's starting to babble in her own little adorable language.
- For several months now she's used a handful of our own little signs for "milk", "hungry/eat", "all done", "tired", "bonk", etc.
- Scout took her SECOND flight last month, just short of 18 months (both to Arizona). I was nervous because she's a full-on toddler these days and is always on the move, but she handled it like a champ! She nestled right between Dad and Mom, and she was happy as can be for a good majority of the 2-hour flight (both ways).
First thing every morning, she gets to hang out in our room & master bath while Eric and I get ready. During that time, she (almost daily): pretends to brush her hair, pretends to apply blush to her sweet cheeks, pretends to paint her little piggies, puts on a funny Russian winter hat, puts on fuzzy fuchsia mittens and then smiles at herself, ever so proudly, in the full-length mirror.
Scout wakes up around 8:00 a.m. and has a 1 to 2-hour nap after lunch. She goes to bed around 7:00 p.m.
We try and have at least one adventure/outing a day, including: the park, the zoo, the lake, playdates, story time, ice cream, downtown strolls, walks along the river and in the foothills, etc.
Scout's happy, hyper time (everyone's favorite). This is when she likes to be chased around the house while laughing uncontrollably.
Now for photo evidence that Scout is changing far too quickly. But is still awfully cute in my humble opinion. :)
|Playing piano with cousin Ava at Grandma & Grandpa Nelson's house in Arizona.|
|AZ Pool time! Comparing Scout, July 2013 to May 2014|
|If you can't tell, this girl LOVES the swings! (Scottsdale Train Park)|
|Homestead Trail #12 with Aunt Sheri and Cousin Finley. |
During the hike we stumbled on 6 horses and hundreds of sheep!
|Scout's orthopedic doctor "prescribed" that Scout wear high tops because her left ankle turns in.|
|Memorial Day 2014 - Visiting the grave of Cassie's father, all four grandparents, and a great aunt.|
|Memorial Day - Picnic at the park with baseball, etc.|
|Eagle Island State Park|